Are you ready for a healthy late night dessert that will knock your socks off? Stay focused for the next few minutes, and vow not to reach for the ice cream in the freezer! While we’re here, I must confess that I have been running wild off the beaten path of my ‘diet’ and exercise regime – Hence, the creative thought of making a delectable, yet deliciously healthy dessert. Tonight’s dessert is….*drum roll* Healthy Banana Foster!! Below you’ll see what rich flavors are in this traditional dessert, and then what I am substituting everything with, hang on!
Traditional Recipe: Butter, Brown Sugar, Cinnamon, Banana Liqueur, Banana, Dark Rum, and Vanilla Ice Cream.
1. Scoop about 1/2 – 1 cup of Organic Vanilla Fat-Free Yogurt into a dessert cup and put into the freezer for about 30-45 minutes.
2. Cut half of a ripe mango into small cubes, along with thick slices of 1 banana. Melt 1 tbsp. butter and add fruit once your pan is heated. Simmer for about 15-20 seconds before adding 4 tablespoons of So Delicious Coconut Milk and several pinches of cinnamon. Stir briefly to mix all the flavors well, and remove from heat.
3. Take your now almost frozen yogurt cups out of the freezer and wait 2 minutes before adding the banana and mango mix made. You don’t want to add the hot mixture immediately, your cold glasses may break. Once you’ve got your dessert looking pretty, drizzle just a tiny bit of honey on the top, since this dessert is already very sweet. Cheers! (This makes 2-3 servings)
- The Best Chocolate Banana Bread Pudding Recipe Ever. (luckypennylayne.com)
- Banana Fosters Jam: What to do with all those bananas! (asustainablekauai.wordpress.com)
- Bananas Foster Impostor (theuprootedokie.wordpress.com)
- Bananas Foster Cupcakes (thatbitchcanbake.wordpress.com)
- Bananas Foster Cheesecake Squares Recipe (kraftrecipes.com)
- Best Banana Recipes – Healthy Banana Recipes Chiquita (chiquitabananas.com)
- French Soul Food. (janteziarra.wordpress.com)