Have you heard of Mueller Lake Park in Austin, TX? It’s that gorgeous park in Central Austin that is surrounded by upper-echelon lifestyle living. There’s always life revolving around the beautiful lake er..pond, lush landscape, bobbing duckies and geese honking at you — It’s basically it’s very own little ecosystem. What’s the best part about it? The up and coming Aldrich District. It’s dotted with quirky eateries to stuff your face and other little shops to sprinkle all of the change in your purse on.
So…Where have I stuffed my face at, you ask? A few spots that I really enjoyed! Check them out below along with the other NEW restaurants to anticipate grand openings of in the near future! Like…as early as July 25!
- Bribery Bakery – This ultra-cutesy bakery cures my sweet tooth and even hits the spot for my little guy with their $0.50 kiddie cookies! I usually have a hard time picking from their ginormous and luscious looking pastry selection. They’ve got cinnamon rolls, pop-tart pastries, pies and can pour you up a fresh espresso/coffee to pair!
- J.T. Youngbloods – Fried Chicken. Good and CLEAN (not greasy) fried chicken. The average price for their dishes are around $8. Whether you order a 2-3 or MORE piece, your plate will come with one side of your choice, a buttery roll and some yummy pickle slices. I like ordering from their takeout window because my little guy will not sit still for one second to eat in a restaurant. Thank you, J.T.!
- B.D. Riley’s – “Ireland in Austin”, they say. My first visit here wasn’t expected but wasn’t disappointed about it either! Their outdoor patio is fantastic and their beer wall is pretty impressive, though I wasn’t able to try any of it. #Momlife — Gotta be on point. Perfect bar food if you ask me. I got the shrimp and chips, and the shrimp was perfectly seasoned — Not too salty, not too bland (You’d be surprised how hard it is for places to get that part right). My son is also a fan of their “chips” – Potato wedges.
- Lick Honest Ice Creams – I love ice cream. Coming here was a no-brainer. Glad I did, too! It’s been hecka hot outside ya’ll…A girl needs her reprieve. My favorite flavors here (because I love them so much, that I haven’t ventured off to try other flavors) are the blushing blueberry and honey vanilla. I’ve had them in a waffle cone and also in a root beer float! Oh, yes…It’s all-natural ice cream!
Other Eateries I Haven’t Been to or Anticipating the Opening of!
- Bao’d Up – July 25 anticipated opening
- Colleen’s Kitchen – Coming Soon
- Halcyon – Been to their Warehouse District location and absolutely LOVE the vibe and beverages! Coming Soon
- L’Oca D’Oro – This place has been up and running, just haven’t been able to stop by yet!
- Stella Public House – Coming Soon
- Alamo Drafthouse – Never been, but heard it’s awesome!
I think I got most if not all of the restaurants that are here and popping up in the ALDRICH district of Mueller — There are tons more places to eat and enjoy within the Mueller neighborhood. Let me know if you’d like for me to whip up a quick map of those for you in the comments below!
Lunch last week with my big bro at @bdrileysaustin. My shrimp was seasoned perfectly and we were able to enjoy our lunch on their outdoor patio — nice! #foodie #shrimp #pasta #beer #atxeats #atx #mueller #yummy #noms #foodporn #vlogger #blogger #yes #picoftheday #texasheat #outdoors #brother #sister #family #ily #love #tgif #friyay breatheeatlive.com @chunsta