Hello, you guys! Today, I am going to share with you my absolutely faaaaav TV SHOWS and MOVIES that are well…foodie focused! I am a sucker for romances, Korean and Japanese dramas (as of recent), comedies and with all of my television watching, I tend to favor when the characters resemble some of my very own traits and characteristics (go figure) — For example…Sex and the City’s main character (Carrie Bradshaw) is a writer! Like myself! Jane the Virgin’s main character (Jane) is also a writer….I don’t know…I’m just drawn to this kind of thing, what about you?
At the current moment late into the night here on a Sunday…I am watching The Great British Baking Show. Oh! I love my sweets and sugars so, SO much! While I nip away at some peach cobbler whilst watching my show, check out my favorite foodie centered shows and movies below – Comment on what you like to snack on when you’re watching your fav shows!
- The Hundred-Foot Journey – What a delightful movie with just a pinch of drama filled in! An Indian family moves to France and pops up shop right across a Michelin-Star restaurant. Cultural differences and personal development envelop throughout the film with quite a happy ending.
- Chef – So, so adorable. It’s not just about food obviously, but about a family man who is desperately working at being the best father while working to begin his food-truck business on a penny pinching budget. The food that he turns out of that truck is yum-MY looking! Again, this film ends on quite a happy note, and I love that!
- Haute Cuisine – Ah…such a lovely put together film. No English dubs, so subtitles is how you’ll get through this one. There’s lots of drama but lots of love in this film. I may have almost cried a few times. The star is a private chef for a very wealthy French politician. Bittersweet (no pun intended) ending, still leaving on a happy note…I see a trend for the type of films I like!
- Migrationology (Mark Wiens) – This is a Youtube channel by Mark Wiens. At first, I really thought the way he chewed his food was overdone, but then as I continued watching…He’s really an animated man! He loves food, and much of his content is from Thailand (where he lives with his wife). He’s traveled around the world and has many features of other countries. He’s thorough, yet to the point when he speaks and films the food he eats.
- The Great American Baking Show – I am almost 100% sure that this is a step from The Great British Baking Show, however I do much enjoy the American version better. It is more lively and exciting to watch. This show is reality TV showcasing bakers with themed baking rounds (cookies, cakes and many more things).
- Destination Flavour – The show’s host, Adam, has a charming Australian accent. He’s got a very warm personality and is always smiling through his foodie travels to places like Singapore and Japan. He gives a little bit of history mixed with eating and cooking traditional dishes from the country he is in.
- Chef’s Table – Ah! What a beautiful way to watch one of my favorite subjects…FOOD! Have you ever seen BBC’s Planet Earth series? Well, the cinematography can easily be compared to that of this foodie show. Each chef gets an entire episode on themselves and their philosophy and love for working for and cooking amazing dishes. It’s so artful that it connects with my spirit.
- A Year in Champagne – I love me a fluke of bubbly! This documentary will show you and tell you all of the great things of the process of those fantastic grapes that end up in celebration glasses around the world. P.S…Champagne is a copyrighted name – If you ever purchase a bottle of sparkling wine, it’s just that. When you purchase Champagne, this means your bubbly has come from Champagne, France!
- Mom’s Cambodian Recipes – So endearing! I am Cambodian and Chinese and I absolutely love my food! My parents’ cooking was always the best as I grew up. I find now that I crave Cambodian food more than I ever have before and this Youtube channel gives simple instructions on creating traditional Khmer food. The mother is speaking in Khmer for those of you who do understand it, however there are English subtitles for you to follow as well.
- Tish Wonders – Ah! I love eating food…but I never realized how much I also love watching other people cook and eat their food as well. It’s quite inspiring actually, especially when you have a beautiful and bright personality such as Tish on her Youtube channel! She’s a vegan (I am not), and boy does her food and cooking look so yummy to try out for myself! She’s super creative with her cooking and she’s always enthusiastic about her lifestyle. Thank you, Tish!
I’ve eaten half a cup of peach cobbler, guzzled down two glasses of milk and my eyes are nearly closed shut at almost 4am now. Sleeping in much? TOTALLY! Good thing I quit my day job years ago! =) Goodnight everyone (or good morning).