a no meat diet, a vegan diet, anti-cancer meals, Asparagus, Avocado Oil, Balsamic Glaze, Basil, Black Rice, black rice recipes, change eating habits, Cheap & Easy meal, clean eating, cooking black rice, cooking for a healthy lifestyle, Date Night, Dinner Night, easy vegetarian recipes, eat better and change your lifestyle, eat less, eat less meat save more money, eating to stay healthy, food for the soul, Goat Cheese, Grill, Healthy Dinner, Healthy Eating, healthy living, Home Cooked Meal, how to cook black rice, live longer by eating better, Onion, Portabello Mushroom, powerful food, Quick Meal, quick vegan meals, Save Money, spiritual food, Tomato, Vegan, vegan food for cheap, vegan meal, vegan recipes, Vegetable Napoleon, Vegetarian, vegetarian meal, vegetarian recipe, Zucchini
This particular dish was fun and easy to prep and make. Without the Goat Cheese, it is a healthy Vegan dish. I just paired what veggies I was craving that night with my choice of starch. Below is the recipe for 1 serving, but you can make as many servings as you would like! Pretty plates are so much more fun to eat!
- 7 to 10 sprigs of Asparagus
- 1 slice of heirloom tomato
- 1/4 onion
- 1 Portabello Mushroom
- 3 Vertical Slices of Zucchini
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- Bertolli Balsamic Glaze
- H-E-B brand Goat Cheese
- Avocado Oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup black rice
- Basil Leaves
How to Cook It:
- Using a small boiling pot, add cold water to go above a little over 1/2 an inch above your black rice. Set the heat to the lowest it can go, and cover your pot – let boil for 35 minutes.
- Wash all your veggies and pat dry. Remove Spores from your mushroom.
- Cut the bottom woody stems off your asparagus, slice 1/2 inch thick slices of the tomato, cut onion into thick slivers, slice zucchini, mince garlic.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of Avocado Oil to Large Sautee Pan at medium heat. Add Basil Leaves (whole or chopped), Onions, Portabello, Asparagus, & Zucchini, and cook on each side for about 1-4 minutes, depending on how you like your veggies cooked. Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Set those veggies aside and sear your tomato slice with salt and pepper to taste. I like my tomatoes pretty much raw, but the sear gives a little extra flavor.
- Plate the rice on the bottom, and stack your veggies on top. you don’t want a stack too high or dense, otherwise you won’t be able to cut through them and get each veggie in each bite.
- Drizzle the Balsamic Glaze around and on the veggies. Sprinkle a tiny bit of Goat Cheese on your plate (to taste).
Like, and Share this recipe with your family and friends!
- Black Rice: The New Cancer-Fighting Super Food (realfarmacy.com)
- Honey Black Rice with Peaches and Peas (ideasbykatherine.com)
- Grilled Veggie Wrap (cookingwithmrc.wordpress.com)
- Zucchini Black Bean and Rice (healthymommyhappybaby.com)
- Once Forbidden in China, Black Rice is Packed with Nutrients (atlantablackstar.com)
- How To Grow Asparagus (simple-green-living.com)
- Diet (harmanayurveda.wordpress.com)
- 27 Things You Should Put an Egg On (Or Inside) (greatist.com)
- Sea Dragon – Austin, Texas (breatheeatlive.com)